Friday, February 4, 2011

Blog rescue mission

The lovely Jaime at rhayne wrote a post last Saturday about what she did while waiting for the fridge repair guy.  What else to do but take photos around her house, of course!  Which she did.  You can see her beautiful photos here.  Absolutely exquisite shots of little things around her house.  So calm and soothing I felt that I had fallen into the most beautiful oasis in the world.  When I need to slow down and breathe, I take a break at her flickr stream.  Try it.  You'll see what I mean.

Anyway, I thought to myself, "If I have some time on my hands to go around on the fly--without cleaning first--and take photos of details in my home, what would it look like?"

Erm.  I think I have some work to do before my home is the haven of beauty that I sense in Jaime's photos.  And the key here was DETAIL.  There is no way on earth I'm going to show you a wide view of my house.  Maybe when we know each other better...  HA!!

So.  Hold your nose and here we go!

Ignore the dust.  I'll get to that.  Maybe.

Don't ask.






Now go over to Jaime's place to recover,

The end.


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Once again, I'd like to thank you for returning me feet to the ground, showing what and how life can / should be.

Please have you all a good Sunday.

daily athens

A Box of Chocolates said...

i love these little sneak peeks into other peoples lives I must be a bit of a voyeur maybe. i did a similar thing in my kitchen sometime back a challenge on my blog called 30 days in my kitchen. i ended up with some pretty neat macro shots of peppercorns, cake sprinkles etc. I always had to make sure stuff was clean though ha hah funny aren't we.

cate said...

that last one is golden!