Monday, February 27, 2012

Hands

I'm working on a project for a church women's activity based on the quote by Saint Teresa of Avila (1515-1582)



“Christ has no body now on earth but yours, no hands but yours, no feet but yours. Yours are the eyes through which Christ’s compassion is to look out to the earth; yours are the feet by which He is to go about doing good, and yours are the hands by which He is to bless us now.”

I'm taking some photos of the hands of as many of the women as I can as part of a presentation.  Here's the one I've just finished:


I think the quote is beautiful. 

And so are the hands that I'm photographing.  

Such beautiful, giving, loving hands getting worn out in service and good works.

These sisters inspire me every day.  What a blessing to be in their company.



No comments: