More photos taken an age ago which I meant to post but didn't and I hope you forgive me.
These cookies are yummy, and with both apple and oatmeal, they are most suitable for breakfast, don't you think?
Apple Oatmeal Cookies
2 1/4 cups (340g) unbleached all-purpose flour
1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
3 sticks (336g) unsalted room temperature butter
1 1/2 cups (300g) brown sugar
1 cup (190g) granulated sugar
3 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
4 1/2 cups (360g) quick oats
3 small apples, peeled, seeded, and cut into 1/2 inch chunks.
1. Preheat oven to 350 (180 degrees celsius). In a medium sized bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt , and spices. Set aside.
2. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, cream together the butter and sugars until fluffy, about 2 minutes on medium speed. Add in eggs, one at a time, incorporating well after each addition. Add in vanilla.
3. Slowly add in dry ingredients, and mix until just incorporated. Remove mixer from the stand and stir in oatmeal, and apple chunks. Refrigerate for at least an hour.
4. Use a small ice cream scoop (if you have one—mine’s in storage right now) or a tablespoon to drop golf ball sized dough onto the cookie sheet, keeping at least an inch and a half between each cookie.
5. Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until just turning golden brown.
And they were delicious.