Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Silhouettes and things

A few weeks ago I decided it was finally time to paint my stairwell and entry and put some photos up.  Since I'm frugal (read:  cheap), I went to Goodwill and bought frames there, then spray painted them black, since most were pretty putrid looking.  Gag.  A coat or two of paint and they got a whole new lease on life.

Since I had a few left over, I decided to use PSE to make some custom art the right size for some oddball frames.  I thought it would be fun to try to make some silhouettes of the kiddos, so I did!  Took forever since I couldn't make the selections tools work properly, so they're kinda rough.  I'm just going to say I meant to make them like that.  Yuppers!


Then, courtesy of Pinterest (my new love) I came across this nifty Flickr collection of letter photos.  Quite literally hundreds of each letter.

So I made a sign.  


And now they've been sent for printing.  I'm excited to have new inexpensive wall art!

2 comments:

Chris O said...

Thrifty, not cheap! Talented beyond compare and funny as all get out!!! These are beautiful Lynn!! I know they probably don't appreciate it now but I hope the kidlets appreciate it when they're older! I love the letters. I'm gonna check out that site.

A Box of Chocolates said...

oh gosh i love the family sign that's amazing i think i will have to try that myself