Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Julia

Silly, shy, caring, funny, determined, and strong.



That's my girl!!!

If I can get her to take her nose out of a book for more than two minutes, she likes playing teacher with her brother--most of the time.  I'm pretty sure that one of the main reasons he's taking Kindergarten so well is because of his big sister.  When she's not teaching him calculus (ha!), she likes playing with her dolls, cooking, and crafting.  Among other things.  


She has always been a bit of a prickly puss, but finally is keen on a few more hugs.  I'll take 'em!
I admire how she recognizes when she needs to improve and works on it.  I can count on her to choose the right when the chips are down--even if everyone else does something different.  She cares about being a good person.  Yeah, she's a little girl so she's a drama queen and we have many  moments when I think, "WHY is this such a big deal??"  But when it's important, she doesn't let disappointment get her down, and that's something at her age.


She informed me today that as well as being a mom (which she has always wanted to be) she is going to be a scientist-inventor when she grows up.  She's going to be a busy lady!


Maybe she'll invent a way that the house will clean itself.  


 I still can't believe I was able to take some photos of her.  Getting any type of keeper photo of my kids is a miracle.  They won't take direction--at least from me.  Any other moms out there with the same problem?  Maybe we can trade.  I'll take photos of yours if you take some of mine!

No comments: