Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 35: Brick and bench

There's something that I really find appealing about old brick buildings.  I think it has something to do with the permanence that they exude.  I especially like finding buildings with the faded business name painted on the side, but with a new business inside.  These photos were taken at the Heritage Discovery Center in Johnstown.   I think I might take a drive one day and do a series on painted brick buildings.




What a great combo--the blue against the brick.  Yum.




5 comments:

;) said...

Beautiful shots...

Lynn said...

Thanks! I have to think of something to do with "love" for the Corner View tomorrow, and I'm absolutely stumped. Any ideas? I had a whole bunch of heart shaped rocks from the beach at my mom's from this summer--but they must have gotten tossed. sigh. Back to square one. Which is a very, very, empty square.

likeschocolate said...

I agree! I think somehow they speak history. Something that has lasted throughout time. I am not sure either, but I love brick building. We were just in Nashville and there are a ton of brick building.

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I like the second to last photo.. it looks like a face :)

Lynn said...

I was kind of thinking that, too, Corina. Maybe I should submit it to the "Faces in Places" blog.

Thanks for stopping by!