Monday, March 7, 2011

Backlog

Really, I've been a horrible blogger lately.  Looking back, I see that I've posted maybe...erm...once a week.  What can I say.  My fingers were removed due to...uh..digimagiggeritis major...and I've had to..um...type with my nose.  Which takes awhile.

So without further ado, and so my nose doesn't get chapped, here we go with the recent happenings.

Last Wednesday was Dress Like A Storybook Character Day.  Here's Julia:



Can you guess who she is?
(hint:  It's a Robert Munsch character)

***

In other news.

Have I told you how much I looooove Freecycle?  If you haven't heard of it, GO!  NOW!  And check out http://www.freecycle.com/  Sign in under your county, and you're good to go!  It's a yahoo group, and if you have anything you want to get rid of, you can post an offer.  It goes to everyone on the list.  First person to reply arranges to pick up the item!  I've gotten a few things from Freecycle.  A basketball hoop, a kitchen cart, and last week a juicer.  Used only twice.  YES!  The lady had bought it, used it twice, and decided after it had sat there for ages that she wouldn't be using it anymore and it was time to find it a new home. 

Mom and Vic were here last week, and Vic and the kids had fun juicing up a storm.





Julia's face says it all.  Yum!

***
Here's Mom fixing the shelf in my corner cupboard:


So YAY!  Between a good friend who fixed the broken window under the stairs and Mom and Vic fixing the corner shelf, I am in a MUCH better mood.  Of course, I still have to find the hinge I need online for the corner doors so I don't come thiiiiis close to cursing every time I want to get in there but can't.  I tell ya, it's a good thing I'm not too broad, otherwise I would never be able to access anything in that cupboard, seeing as how the door only opens up 90 degrees, which in a corner cupboard, means that really there is just a narrow opening to get into that cupboard, but I'm rambling and that's just the way I get when I even think about that cupboard.  But imagine the cupboard door attached to the left of the opening there.  Then have it extend out 90 degrees from the opening and, well--now I think I need a cookie.  And chocolate.  Lots.  Of.  Chocolate.

I can't remember if I wrote about a walk a week or so ago with the bunny prints everywhere.  So I'm going to go check and if not, I'll post those later. 

After a few days of fairly warm weather, it snowed yesterday.  So we went out or a walk, Dog and I, and it was magical.  The snow had bent the trees low over the trail, so you had to bend under the trees to go down the trail, and every sound was muffled to silence. 

Did I have my camera?  No.  Still no p&s, and it was snowing and I'm still a wimp with my DSLR.  Just trust me that it was absolutely and utterly gorgeous.

And now I'm off.  Adam wants to use the Wii, and within less than 24 hours after the parentals left, the house needs a good pick up.  Please come back mom.  I need you.  I'll cook.  You can tidy up after me and children.  Please.  Pretty please with a cherry on top?  I'm begging you...grovel-grovel...


2 comments:

;) said...

Nice moments! I love the little queen and your Mom's smile!

Unknown said...

The shot of your Mom in the cupboard is a hoot!!! I want to come and live with your family!!! They all sound like so much fun!!!! I promise to clean up after myself. I can even cook!!!!