Chief Havas wasn't toooooo thrilled about getting his photo taken, and I caught him at a bad time, but he obliged for a very, very quick image.
And with this image, my 30 faces in 30 days project is complete. Whew!
What I learned:
- People are generally friendly and accommodating.
- Going up to complete strangers is HARD, but the interesting people you meet are worth it.
- Doing a project like this is a good way to get over shyness with strangers. Oh yes it is!
- It would be better to do this in the summer time when there are plenty of events going on where people gather. There aren't a lot of places here for that once summer is over, which I found challenging (and why I got to the last day behind).
- When an opportunity presents itself, don't hesitate. Take it! I don't know how many times I saw someone that had a unique look or something, but by the time I hemmed and hawed about it, the moment had passed and the opportunity lost.
- Bring your camera everywhere. Today I saw a guy walking his dog. A handsome, older gentleman smoking a pipe. You don't see that very much these days! But I was rushing to the school to bring something in, and left my camera at home. Interesting face and photo op gone buh-bye.
- Rain stinks.
**If you'd like a complimentary low-res copy of your image(s) for your Facebook profile, please like www.facebook.com/allegriaimagesbylynn, look for the 30faces album, and tag yourself. Please do not crop out the watermark.
To order prints, please contact me at email@example.com
All images copyright Allegria Images by Lynn Rutz. Any downloading, copying, or printing without my express permission is prohibited.**