What a surprise today to receive an award! *sniff* I'm so touched and honored. It was given to me by the lovely Corina over at Through the Photographs. She's out and about exploring life through her point and shoot camera. You ought to pay her a visit!
So, here's the award:
*Steps up to the microphone* I'd like to thank my hairstylist and my personal trainer and, of course, my lovely family, without whom this honor would not be...oh? No speach necessary? *Steps away from the podium in a fluster*
To accept it, I have to answer these questions using one word. Yoikes! Maybe I should just continue with the speech...
Anyhoo, here you have it:
1. Where is your cell phone? Kitchen
2. Your hair? Shortish
3. Your mother? Africa-ish
4. Your father? Interesting...
5. Your favorite food? Indian
6. Your dream last night? Forgotten
7. Your favorite drink? Water
8. Your dream/goal? Security
9. What room are you in? Living
10. Your hobby? Photography
11. Your fear? Fire
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Settled
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. Something that you aren't? Kitschy
15. Muffins? Bran
16. Wish list item? Lens
17. Where did you grow up? Canada
18. Last thing you did? Homework
19. What are you wearing? Glasses
20. Your TV? Off
21. Your pets? Cats
22. Friends? Yes!
23. Your life? Oy.
24. Your mood? Contented
25. Missing someone? Yes
26. Vehicle? Minivan
27. Something you're not wearing? Frown
28. Your favorite store? Clearance!
29. Your favorite color? Blue
30. When was the last time you laughed? Yesterday
31. Last time you cried? Friday
32. Your best friend? Terrific
33. One place that I go to over and over? Computer. ;o)
34. One person who emails me regularly? Facebook!
35. Favorite place to eat? Friend's
And now I'm to pass it on to three deserving blogs. So hard to choose, but here goes:
Photographing the Days: The first blog that I found on here that wasn't somebody I already knew from the non-cyber world. Lee is a high school student with a great way with words and images that touches me every time I visit. Pay him a call--you'll be glad you did. Give yourself time, though, because I can personally attest that you'll get pulled in and the next thing you know it will be 3 am and you'll have gone through his whole archives.
My friend Laurie, who blogs at A Canadian in King Parakramabahu's Court and Chilli and Chocolate. We've known each other for years, always tending to end up in the same town--until she met a Sri Lankan fellow and moved overseas a few years ago. A lovable, intelligent, eccentric with a unique take on life, you will love reading about her adventures with Sri Lankan culture and food. Neat photos, too--monkeys and birdies and lizards, oh my!
Argh! It's so hard to pick only three. But I'm going to make my third choice Kathryn at From the Inside...Out. Not only is she an awesome writer that I simply have to check out every day to make sure I get my smile on, she has been generous and supportive in making a brand new blogger feel welcomed in the community. Thanks, Kathryn!
And thanks again, Corina. :o) This was fun!