Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Day 98: Computer failure--oh no!!!

Took some photos of making hot pepper jelly today, but they are on my other computer now, which has crashed.  As I type this on the desktop, I'm on the phone on hold with Dell.  Where I have been, in one way or another, since about 3:00 this afternoon. 

If I don't get the photos posted today, rest assured that they were taken and will be posted in the morning.  Hopefully.  If everything is running.

Argh and argh.

L

(edit:  Alrighty.  The long and the short of it is that my hard drive is hooped and needs to be replaced.  They're sending a new one out, which should arrive on Thursday.  In the middle of a diagnostic screen, the computer started beeping and swearing and being very rude altogether.  And since that kind of disrespect is completely uncalled for, it will be replaced in my affections by a brand new hard drive with, hopefully, a much better attitude and work ethic.

The good news is that my photos aren't lost, so I'm going to go and retrieve them right now--11 pm or not--and post.  Just don't expect much in the way of rambling.  I. Am.  Tuckered.  ~L)

No comments: