Saturday, January 9, 2010

Day 122: Now THIS is a snow day!

YES!  Now this is what I'm talking about.  When I woke up to yet more snow, and quite heavy, my heart sank slightly. But by the time I went downstairs and out the door with the shovel to shovel the path to the birdfeeders, it had all but stopped. Chickadees and tufted titmice came within inches of my hand when I brought out the seed.  I could see the glint of mischief in their bright black eyes.  Breath taking.

We spent almost the entire day outside.  This morning, I went and spent quite a bit of time by myself packing down the hill before the kids came out.  Then we went sledding.  The whole day, excepting a break for lunch.  It was glorious.  The sky was slightly blue, with just a few feathery flakes gently drifting downward.  The kind of day that envelopes everything in softness and stillness.  An absolutely beautiful, beautiful day--truly a gift.














8 comments:

Anonymous said...

These photos are truly beautiful and magical Lynn! So glad you had a perfect day!

;) said...

Lovely and beautiful snowmen ;)

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a great day...your lovely pictures capture the beauty.

Anonymous said...

A feeling for snow that many times is "own" to childrens eyes, inviting to be a part of it.
Wonderful put in scene by your photography.
Please have you all a wonderful new week.

Stephanie said...

Looks like you had a wonderful day. You have such a good eye with the camera...magical! :-)

Lisa @ Boondock Ramblings said...

Awesome photos! Looks like they had a blast!

beth said...

what great photos...love the rosy cheeks

Lynn said...

Oh my word! I could I have missed all these! Some were inadvertently sent to my spam email, so I didn't even know they were here. What a lovely surprise!

Renee: Thanks! And I love your new albums, btw!

Otli: yup. My snowkidlets!

Suzicate: You're so sweet. Having such a nice day made it easy.

Robert: There's something so hushed about being out in the snow.

Stephanie: Thanks! It as an AWESOME day. The people walking their dogs were funny. "You're STILL out here?"

Lisa: I'm not sure who had more fun, them or myself!

Beth: Rosy cheeks are the BEST, aren't they? Spell childhood.