Sunday, January 31, 2010

Day 144

The dolly that I was sewing for yesterday required a bit of embroidery cotton, so I dug out my stash that I hadn't used in an age.  Mmmmnnnn...yummy.  Makes me want to pull out the aida cloth.  But if I did that, I wouldn't be able to do other things I like to do.  Sigh.  I hate having to prioritize! 


And I love these little stork embroidery scissors.  Thankfully, I can still use those plenty when I'm just cutting regular sewing thread.  They're adorable, and remind me of little old ladies doing dainty handwork in their comfortable chairs by a bright window with needlework in their lap

***
I've been getting a lot of anonymous spam lately, and although I would like to block just anonymous comments, I can't without also blocking people who aren't registered or who want to comment only using their name and URL.  Sooooo, I'm either going to have to go back to word verification, which I know some of you (you know who you are Kathryn!!!) hate, OR comment moderation.  Which would you guys rather I do? I know it's nice to have your comment come up right away, but seriously, I'm checking my email often since I'm sitting here at work, so if you commented, I'd catch it and it would show up pretty much right away, unless you post at night, of course. 

I guess that's one advantage to Wordpress.  But I kind of like my little blogspot spot!

So.  I'm leaving it to you.  In the meantime, I'll just snag the Anonymous posts when I can and hope none are sent to my junk mail and are missed.  It's soooo annoying.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the texture and colors in the photo of the embroidery cotton. All that floss reminds me of the counted cross stitch I used to do when I was little.

And where is all this spam coming from all of a sudden? My comments are being infiltrated as well. I used word verification for awhile and had some people complain their comments were disappearing into the ether. No easy answers, I suppose.

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

Love those little scissors!

Bee said...

I've never seen a header that was a revolving photography display. It took me ages to read the first paragraph of this because I kept scrolling back up to admire your lovely pictures.

The Accoutrement of sewing is very beguiling, isn't it? A few weeks ago my daughter and I were in Liberty of London and we were overwhelmed by all of the beautiful trimmings.

p.s. I don't mind comment moderation or verification. Sometimes you just have to resort to it!

the gold digger said...

Found you via Maureen. I love your photos! Real talent is when you can make something ordinary beautiful and girl, you have it.

kathryn said...

Comment moderation....I'll take that any day over WV! Seriously.....

You're such a crafty girl...isn't there anything you're NOT good at??

Tracy Loewer said...

I miss cross stitching, but I find that I can't just do it a little bit and I end up neglecting the kids until it's all done!

And I've been getting anonymous spam comments too, but mostly on my older posts, so I enabled the comment moderation on posts older than a week, which seems to be mostly weeding them out. It's so annoying!

the inadvertent farmer said...

That photo of the floss made me smile and brought back memories of when I actually had time for using it...sigh. Kim

Lynn said...

Kristen: It's driving me nuts. First, I moderated comments from two weeks ago, in hopes of weeding them out. But then I got them on current ones. Must now moderate everything--and I'm so worried I'm going to forget!

Maureen: I do too. I'm so worried they're going to get dull and I won't be able to find someone to sharpen them.

Bee: I so need to change the slideshow. Or add to it. Or something. But I'm glad you enjoyed it! And yes, there is something fascinating about fabrics and threads and bobbins and such.

Gold Digger: Hey! Thanks for stopping by. I checked out your blog, too. I think it should be made into a sitcom!

Kathryn: I know. And in your honour, that's what I did. And now the guilt be unto thyself should I miss publishing anyone!

Tracy: There are so many cool things to do. It's hard to pick one, and it seems like I can only have one hobby going on at once. I followed your advice on the spam. And the next day got oneon a day old post. Want to wring their necks. Blimey blighters.

Kim: Last year I almost gave all my floss away. I love cross-stitching, but still haven't finihsed the project I started before J was born. I set it down a week before her birth, and there it sits. Six years later. It is not something to do while distracted, that's for sure!