Monday, April 12, 2010

Day 113


Maverick was on television this afternoon
so I turned it on while I worked.
Julia came in the door near the end.

The poker game is over.  Maverick and Annabelle are parting.

Maverick takes girl in his arms and they smooch.

"They're not husband and wife, Mom. 
That's not entirely appropriate."
Says Julia, age 6,
with an odd look on her face.

Trying desperately not to crack up
I think to myself that it would be nice
if she kept that attitude

until she's 40.




5 comments:

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

But that would make you a really old grandma...

Lynn said...

True, Maureen. It just sounded so much better than "until she gets past her teenage angst and hormone stage and can think somewhat rationally." teehee

Anonymous said...

Wouldn't that be great?!

Anonymous said...

What a hopefilled story.

Wishing you all a wonderful Wednesday.

Lynn said...

suzicate: LOL--I think I'm dreaming on that one!

Robert: It was really funny. I wish I could have captured the look on her face. Priceless.