Monday, April 5, 2010

Day 206: Warning: Bare Belly Ahead

A friend of mine who is now living in Utah is in town.  She is expecting her first child in June, and for her shower gift I took some tummy pictures.  I can't believe she's going to be a mummy!  When we first moved here, she was our #1 babysitter, and now she's expecting a child of her own.  She's going to be such a great mom--I'm so thrilled for her.

Although I've taken maternity photos before, the style of some of the ones we did here (you'll know what I mean!) was completely new to me!  It was something she really wanted to try, though, so I did a quick scrounge for fabrics and things, and away we went.  A scrap of sheer something-or-other and an old curtain can go far!  Since I've known her for ages, it wasn't awkward--we actually had a lot of fun, and it was great having an excuse to hang out with her for a good portion of the morning. 







4 comments:

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

That first one is simply beautiful! When I was pregnant with my second we did some shots silhoette by the fire. But that was a hundred years ago when noone did this and I hardly showed anyone. With the 3rd, I just have a couple shots lying on the bed with the shirt up to show the HUGE belly and a kid on either side holding it. None from the first. That one was a million years ago and I used to have some modesty. Not sure where that went...

Lynn said...

Maureen: Funny what an old curtain and a scrap of sheer fabric will do--and a bit of creative editing! The only photos I have of me preg are a couple of snaps. Bummer. As far as modesty goes, I think my mother might very well be a bit shocked when she sees these. LOL. I can't say as I'd have them done myself, but it was fun to do them for Laina. She really wanted to do some like this, and we've known each other for so long that it wasn't awkward--it was actually a lot of fun! Don't think I'll make a career out of it, though. HA!

Alaina said...

Oh Lynn, they are absolutely LOVELY! Thank you so much for taking these pictures.I will cherish them and put them by Caprice's crib so she can always see her mommy and her! I can't wait to get ALL the pictures back! Thank you again so much!

Joyce said...

WOW these are amazing photos! I bet momma to be was thrilled with them. xo