Sunday, July 11, 2010

Day 296: 07/06/2010

The photo of the road didn't turn out as nice as I thought.  I'm still figuring out the new lens, and didn't realize until now how shallow the depth of field actually WAS!  But the roads were neat.  Everywhere you looked, crushed seashells.  After I'd been here awhile, I realized there were better examples, where they weren't quite so broken up.  But anyway, this reminds me of it, at least.  They were always sending water trucks around to spray the roads, because they get really dusty.


The first morning when we woke up to the sound of these guys, I thought that it sounded that they were laughing.  And they were.  At the poor sods who didn't have everything under cover at night and woke up to discover the gulls had spread their stuff everywhere!  We had everything under a screened gazebo thing, for which I am grateful we purchased last year.  Otherwise we would have been fighting them off.

When I asked Captain Barry a couple days later the type of gull they were? 

 Laughing Gulls. 

Figures.


Cheeky nuisances.

No comments: