Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Day 181: A Bit o' Bizniss.

First of all.  Corner View.  The topic is miniature worlds, and I had such a fabulous idea.  Unfortunately, it will have to wait a day or two, because it involves the assistance of my able husband to put together, and we simply did not have time today.

Second of all, remember awhile ago I posted a really great blog link that a friend of a friend put up where he's following the directions of a book requiring him to do interesting, bizarre, and risky things every day for 365 days?  Well, shortly after, I clicked on the link to find that there was no blog attached.  Bummer.  Mike is sooo funny.  It made me sad when I thought it had ended

BUT there is good news!  Today I lamented to Barb (the mutual friend) that it was gone, and she said that he had to change the link name, but the blog is still up!  YAY!  It has been there all along, just hiding a bit.  So if you were missing Daily Tasking, just click and catch up.  That's what I'm going over to do as soon as I'm finished typing this.  Huzzah for Mike, the Intrepid Daily Tasker.  He deserves our support, he really does.  The subject of his blog is hysterical, and he puts things in such a witty manner.  Yeah, it's a bit rough in the spelling department, but look BEYOND that, and you will be so happy you did.  So, go visit him.  Comment.  Make mention on your blogs.  I don't want him to give up due to a lack of audience to his exploits in following the rules at all costs.  That would be a sad, sad day.

Thirdly, today's photo.  This evening I was able to go to an activity for the young women that I work with in the church.  Today was a yearly special activity called "New Beginnings," where the girls celebrate the values that they are striving to live, which include faith, divine nature, individual worth, choice and accountability, knowledge, good works integrity, and virtue.  Anyway, they planned a Values Olympics, and different groups of girls put on little skits or  to show how to apply each value in daily living. They did a really nice job, especially since the weather has been so bad that they really didn't have much time to practice.

Qt the end, they were all awarded gold medals.  Very pretty ones too, I must say:
And that, friends, is my daily photo,  I simply couldn't stop work long enough to take a picture of anything else today.  That said, I think Be  Strong and of a Good Courage is a motto we can all benefit by.

Cheers,

Lynn

4 comments:

Laurie Ashton Farook said...

Nice medals and nice photo. :) And I absolutely agree that it's a great motto to live by. :)

;) said...

Thanks for the interesting link... and... I'll wait !

Love the medals too.

kathryn said...

Honey, lovely photos or not, I love visiting your place. I always take away something wonderful that makes me smile, or think...or look at the world differently.

Now, I'm off to check out this GUY!

Lynn said...

Laurie: Gotta love gold!

Otli: Aw--you're so patient. I hope I can get it set up soon. Turns out hubs is out of town tomorrow. Grk.

Kathryn: That's so sweet. I guess I'd better bake you those brownies now...