Sunday, September 12, 2010

Day 362: Shtuff

Julia made lunch herself this afternoon. Pancakes for everyone!  She did the whole thing, reading, measuring, pouring, and flipping.

We found a funny face in one of them!


She's now pancake proficient.

Way better than her mother, who was known for her black and gooey pancakes at HS home ec and who didn't learn how to make nice pancakes until well into college.  Even now, I don't like making them with cast iron or on an electric stove--I have a pancake pan that I use and whenever I try to use anything else, I end up with guck.  I don't know what's going to happen when I can't use this pan any more, because the pancakes that pan makes are niiiiice.  I swear without that pan, pancakes will once again not be welcome in our household.

Pity.

But now at least we have Julia to take over the pancake process.

Perfect.

No comments: