Monday, August 16, 2010

Day 335: Oh. Yum.

I have been craving something vegetabley all day.  So this was supper tonight, inspired by a recipe I saw at Ree Drummond's Pioneer Woman blog once.  Sorry--don't have the link to her recipe handy.  But go over and look around, if you haven't discovered her yet.


I wish I would have stopped to arrange everything nicely, with the asparagus tips showing.  Frankly, though, I just wanted to dive in and eat it.

Easy peasy to do.

Throw some olive oil in a pan.

Add some minced onion.  I wanted garlic, but reached into the cupboard to discover...none.

Add the pealed, deveined shrimp that you found in the bottom of your freezer from who knows how long ago.  Cook for three minutes, until pink.  Remove from the pan and set aside.

Add the zucchini slices in a single layer.  Cook for a minute each side, until slightly brown.  Scootch to the side of the pan.

Remove the corn from two cobs and throw in there.  Cook until slightly brown.  The smell will almost send you to heaven.

Scooch to the side and do the rest of the vegies in the same manner.  Slice.  Brown.  Scooch.  I used zucchini, corn, asparagus, mushrooms, and grape tomatoes.

When the vegies are done, throw the shrimp back in and heat through.

Remember afterwards that you were going to add some herbs from the garden but became so overwhelmed by the desire to inhale the vegies in the pan that it slipped your mind. Ah well.


I served it with couscous. 

And ate two, huge, heaping plates full of the stuff.

And wanted more, except I was sitting there in a blur of vegetable ecstasy and couldn't move.

I think I'll go to sleep now, and dream of lightly browned vegies.  Sigh.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ooooh boy, that sure looks good. Nice picture too by the way.