Saturday, August 21, 2010

Day 341: Freezing at the pool.

Getting a bit stir crazy at home this afternoon, we made a spur-of-the-moment trip to the pool.

It was freezing.

The kids didn't care that they were turning blue.

In an attempt after two hours of goosebumps to bribe them into getting out of the water so we could go home, I said I'd go down the scary waterslide chute.  You know the kind?  The one that goes straight down and lets you out a few feet above deep water, dropping you with blinding, swimsuit-wedgy inducing speed into the pool? 

Have I mentioned that I've never done it before and I'm really not much of a fish?  No?

I was that desperate to get into the warm car.

It was rather exhilarating.  I went down three times. 

the end.

Digging the goggles.  This was the first year that Julia could go down this curly-wurly slide herself.

She went down exactly a gazillion times.  I was counting.

I took some video with my camera, but since two years after getting my good point &s shoot, I still am unable to figure out how to actually POST any of the video I take, it's fairly useless.



This is the fellow who, less than ten seconds before was whining to me that the water was COLD and to please come in too mommy.  I had no intention of leaving my nice, warm towel poolside to get into an ice bath.  What changed?  Why did he quickly hop in and start laughing up a storm?


A cute bit of pony tail, that's what happened.  About his age.  She went in, and he was instantly in after her.

After a few minutes, she looked at me and said, "Is he yours?  He's annoying."

I laughed and told her she'd better get used to boys being annoying, cos they tend to be that way when they like someone, and she was adorable!

I think I'm in trouble.  Should I keep him in seclusion until he's 40?

Passed this on the way home and had to stop and shoot it.  Although it looked like someone already had...  ha!

8 comments:

Maureen@IslandRoar said...

You went down the slide 3 times!! What a fun mom. Adorable shots. I, personally, Love water slides. And my son was the same way; Watch Out!!

Anonymous said...

what happy images!

Lynn said...

Maureen--I love them, too. But I'm usual just on the curly-wurly ones--not the chutes! And thanks for the heads up. I'm not quite sure how I'm going to handle his teen years. Already I'm frightened! LOL Course, if he just makes girls annoyed, maybe that's the answer...

Kamana: thanks for stopping in! It WAS a fun afternoon, frigid water and breeze aside.

beth said...

WOW....
love love love that car !

Dee said...

Hey Lynne, we aren't sure, but it seems someone with either a grudge or a huge chip on his shoulder.

And Sandals as far as I remember. LOL. :)

Lynn said...

Beth: There's something so darn photographable about old, broken down vehicles, isn't there?

Dianne: Well, at least she has a story. Not everyone can say they were run over--twice--by a guy in a wheelchair!

Anonymous said...

What's left to say - beautiful indeed and the continuation of being amazed by the environment which provides such possibilities.
May time and life continue to treat you all kind.

Isle Dance said...

Adorable!!! Wonderful shots and such sweetness with the little ones. :o)